Monday, November 7, 2016

The Sycamore Fig Tree - A Living Sacrifice

Buy This Book


When God first mentioned the Sycamore tree to me I had no idea of the fullness of what He was trying to reveal to me.  God uses nature to help me understand many things. As I began my research I realized I needed to find something that explained the life cycle of the tree and how it reproduced. The Sycamore Fig is one of the greatest examples of a living sacrifice in the plant kingdom that I know and it will help us understand how to be a living sacrifice that Jesus has asked us to be.  It's leaves are food for many, yet it uses its leaves to produce the sugar it needs for itself.  It is constantly producing leaves and figs all year long, therefore it has plenty.  It is not limited by seasons to release its ripe fruit and the leaves associated with that particular crop of fruit.  It grows a new set of leaves for the next crop. The tree is not damaged by the many animals, birds and insects that dig around or in it.  It keeps on growing and producing and does not mind off of the other issues that are present with all of the different types of life that are using it to sustain their lives.  It does not produce anything that harms them. The Fig tree is one of if not the most productive tree on the planet. It is the third tree mentioned by name in the Bible. It was the fig tree’s leaves that Adam and the woman used to cover their nakedness after they sin.  It is also a great covering for many.  What a mighty God we serve that gives us this natural example of a living sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment